Nongshim Kimchi Ramen is a recent favourite base for my quick office lunches. It’s mildly spicy and pairs well with cabbage and kimchi. It boasts a seafood flavoured broth and bonus pack of “kimchi” flakes (I suggest adding the real thing instead).
- Poach the egg. Make sure the yolk is soft.
- Mise en place. Slice the green onion, mushroom, tofu, and julienne the cabbage.
- Prepare noodles. Break the noodle brick in half and add the soup base and faux kimchi.
- Add condiments. Add the sliced cabbage and onion (but don’t stir yet). Wait a few minutes and stir. Repeat until noodles are soft and cabbage has softened a bit too. Add the egg and gently break the yolk. The liquid will slowly become a creamy, savoury broth.
- Add aromatics and condiments. Finely chop the basic and juice the lime and sprinkle over top of the finished soup.